Please take a few moments to read HCSB's My Card Creation® Terms and Conditions. Click the button at the end to start designing your personal card and confirm you agree to these terms.
The HCSB Card is subject to the following Terms. Additional general terms and conditions apply to your Card as outlined in your Deposit Account Terms and Conditions. If these Terms conflict in any way with your Deposit Account Terms and Conditions, these Terms control. The Card is available to current customers with a personal account. If this application is accepted and a Card is issued, by using or permitting another to use the Card, you will be bound by the terms and conditions of the Electronic Fund Transfers Disclosure provided with your Account Disclosures. Your Card will function like a regular debit card and will be accepted wherever VISA® debit transactions are accepted.
HCSB reserves the right to add to or modify these Terms and to terminate the Card program or Card issued to you, at any time, in its sole discretion.
You may not submit images that are unacceptable, including, but not limited to, the following examples:
- Political statements
- Advertising, promotional text, slogans, copyrighted or trademarked material
- Phone numbers, URLs, E-mail addresses
- Brand names or branded products
- Celebrities, athletes, musicians, public figure, etc.
- MasterCard, American Express, Discover or any other payment brand references
- References to any VISA® sponsorship property, such as the Olympics or NASCAR
- Socially unacceptable groups
- Provocative or sexual content
- Profanity, obscenities or nudity
- Violence, firearms, weapons, or ammunition
- Alcohol or tobacco
- Any content that might infringe, denigrate or dilute the VISA® brand or its member financial institutions
- Any content that might result in problems at point of sale or interfere with security features of the Card
- Racial, prejudicial or discriminatory subject matter
- Images that display the opinions or beliefs of religious groups
- Images or materials that are offensive to cultural or religious values
- Photos you provide of currency or money
- Photos you provide that feature a mascot or character as the primary focus of the photo
- Flags of any country or flags or symbols of any organization
- Negative images that do not reflect positively on HCSB
HCSB reserves the right to reject any image (includes a photograph) submitted or to refuse to issue you a Card, in our sole and absolute discretion, for any reason.
By requesting a Card and submitting an image of your choice, you warrant to HCSB that:
- You are the owner of the image (i.e. the image was taken by you) or you have obtained express consent from the image´s owner to use the image on your Card
- You have obtained express consent from any person whose image you use on your Card
- Use of the image by HCSB will not infringe any other person´s rights, including intellectual property rights, in the image.
- You (or you have obtained consent from the image´s owner) grant to HCSB a perpetual, non-transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, world-wide, irrevocable license to use the image and the data you provide to HCSB for the purpose of providing your Card.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless HCSB, its successors and assigns, against any claims, damages, losses, costs, expenses (including attorney's fees) incurred by or asserted against HCSB caused directly or indirectly by the use of this service or as a result of the image being used on and reproduced on your Card, or arising out of or as a result of HCSB storing, modifying, copying or using the image.
HCSB's liability hereunder is limited to refunding the fee associated with the issuance of the Card and HCSB is not liable to you for any loss, claim or expense whatsoever in relation to any action by HCSB permitted under these Terms. HCSB is not responsible for image quality including but not limited to poor-quality images or images poorly positioned on the Card.
There is a $10.00 fee for each new, reissued or replacement Card. Please refer to our Fee Schedule. The fee will be deducted from your account when you order your Card. If you do not have enough funds to cover the fee(s), your Card request will not be processed
Your new personalized debit card may have a different expiration date.
Pre- Existing Card
If you currently have a debit card, your new Card will replace your existing debit card. You agree to destroy your old debit card upon receipt of your new Card. You agree to hold HCSB harmless for any loss incurred as a result of NOT destroying your old card. Your old card will be canceled within a month after HCSB receives your order for a personalized debit card, not withstanding the expiration date listed on the card.
If you have not advised HCSB within 60 days of the renewal date noted on your Card that you wish to submit a new image for your Card, HCSB will renew your existing Card with the same image. Should you wish to upload a new image, please do so at least 60 days prior to your card expiration date. Do not upload a new image if fewer than 60 days remain until your card expires.
Cancelling a Custom Image Card
If you do not wish to have your card reissued with a custom image, please contact us at 1-800-225-1620 at least 60 days prior to your card expiration date. The next time your Card requires a reissue, you will receive the standard HCSB artwork.
Multiple Custom Images on One Account
You may have different images on different cards on the same account. If you want the same image on two different cards, you will need to place the order for each card and select the same image with each order.
A custom image on your card does not imply any additional security and you should expect to show a photo ID, if requested. If your card is ever lost or stolen, notify us immediately at 1-800-225-1620 during normal banking hours or after hours at 1-800-472-3272